11.08.2005

Election in VA

Today there's a gubernatorial election in Virginia. A friend who's working for the VA Democrats asked me to phone bank for him, and like the sucker I am, I agreed to do it. Here are some of the choicest quotes from potential voters:

Me: Hello Mr. _____, I'm calling today to remind you to vote on Tuesday the 8th. We need your support for Tim Kaine and the entire Democratic ticket. Kaine is endorsed by governor Mark Warner, who...
Potential Voter #1: I don't like Kaine (the Democratic candidate for gov.) and I don't like anyone who votes for him. But thanks anyway.

Me: Hello Mr. _____, I'm calling today to remind you to vote on Tuesday the 8th...
Potential Voter #2: I don't need you to call and remind me to vote, man. I'm a living, breathing human being.

Me: Hello Mr. _____, I'm calling today to remind you to vote on Tuesday the 8th.
Potential Voter #3: Vote?!?! Vote for what?
Me: Umm... there's an election on Tuesday.
Potential Voter #3: What election?
Me: The gubernatorial election is on Tuesday.
Potential Voter #3: I'm sorry, we don't mess with voting. Sorry.

No comments: