1.20.2006

It's On, Bitches, It's On.

My friend Beth reminded me today that I never followed up on the post where I lamented being rejected for the credit card that was intended to fund our homebirth. Fear not, for this is America, the land where credit cards abound. I realized that my mistake was probably in applying for a card that required 'excellent' credit. Not because our credit is bad, but because we don't have enough of a credit history. So, I applied for several other cards whose credit requirements were only 'good,' and that did the trick. Our mailbox is now overflowing with plastic, and the dream of a homebirth lives on.

That being said, if anyone wants to hasten the day when we can cut up the credit card that will pay for this birth, contributions are welcome. I'm thinking of baking up some cookies and selling them at church for the same purpose. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

AlmightyScrabblor said...

I recommend that dowjones makes it more well known somehow to neighbors that he can dj (borrow the system playa).... somehow, snokilla and myself have at least one, but possibly two weddings booked. Maybe the brokedownbunch needs cards? cause you know these jobs are all good for at least $150-$300!

Oh, and besides being invited to the chief's retirement, dowjones may dj this event with me... there is a need for lots of mick jams though, as irishness has been chosen as a prominent focus.