3.05.2006

Crash, the best picture winner, was a really shitty movie.

The other really great moment in the Oscars was when Jake Gyllenhaal laughed after reading the bullshit the Academy wrote for him about how some movies demand to be seen on the big screen rather than watched at home on DVD. Hard to believe the extent to which the moguls are willing to keep their blinders on as the industry is revoutionized by DVDs, cheaper, bigger, better quality televisions, and soundsystems, and dowloading. You can't beg people into giving up their DVDs and going back to the theater. Pardon me while I download some illegal shit.

8 comments:

Oliver said...

Here here, I say, rather! I'll download to that, and I totally agree: Crash was average to dinge.

snokilla said...

Crash = a horrible movie.
I was angered!
Any other movie nominated should have won. Ugh.

Colin Hughes Taylor said...

No no, you must've missed the oh-so-subtle message of Crash: racism is bad, and coincidences happen alot.
Hey, at least it didn't end with Ludacris literally freeing the slaves, right?
Oh, wait. . .

AlmightyScrabblor said...

I didnt see crash or most of the oscars and I think this is on the wrong blog, but Dow Jones-
why haven't you linked the video up for 'get yr hustle on' on square tracks? Best Katrina response song to date. baby wheezy never will do a response.

snokilla said...

Crash made me racist against the writer director.
Yeah that's about it.

Dow Jones said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQ2ni-bYL_o

Dow Jones said...

Dow Jones said...

lightning bolt