11.21.2006

Ridiculously Early Birds

On Friday Simon and I put up the tree. I used to have a firm policy of waiting until after Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas tree. But the policy was softened after much pleading from this boy. The few hours we worked on this project were some of the sweetest we've spent together in recent memory. Simon was so excited to see each and every ornament, and he would tell me so, with an enthusiastic, "Oh, this is beautiful! Oh, Mommy, thank you for bringing this ornament!"
This is the first year he is really into the holidays as they roll around. His excitement is contagious, and I suddently find myself bursting with ideas of how to make this time special for him. If I can get these ideas out of my head and into real life, we'll make cookies, put together paper chains to decorate the house, and craft some cute gifts for Grandmas and Grandpas. I don't know if all this will happen, realistically. I'm just happy to have someone spurring me on toward creativity and joy. This will be the first year in a long while that I don't experience the holidays as a jaded adult. Should be fun. Thank you, Simon.


 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Megan said...

That post gave me warm fuzzies. Awww.