1.03.2007

One Thousand Circles and Happy Feet

I know, I know, three posts in a day! And with pictures! What's going on here? I should be totally spent after pulling the graveyard shift last night with Theo, but somehow I feel fine. It will probably catch up with me at some point, but until then I may as well keep on keepin' on.



Here is a project I've been working on for the past few days. I saw this idea for making garland out of old greeting cards in an issue of the now tragically defunct Martha Stewart Kids Magazine.



So, with the help of this little Fiskars gadget, I have cut out many, many little circles. This is another perfect project to do while watching TV. Those are my favorite kind, you may have noticed.

Finally, here are my feet, cozy in their new sunshiny shoes. I bought these with some of my Christmas money.

Aren't they lovely? I adore them, and I don't care what the blisters on the back of my heels have to say about it. They just need to be worn in. Then they'll be the most perfect, most comfortable shoes ever. They have to be. They're too beautiful not to be.

3 comments:

Megan said...

We have the same philosophy about shoes. And your new ones are lovely.

MJ Watson said...

Attempting not to sound petty, I really am hideously jealous of your shoes. I LUFF THEM. And if I knew where you got them I'd totally copy off you and go buy a pair, so probably best not to tell me. Yeah, I'm not above copying. And yes, all lovely pairs of shoes hurt in the beginning, but this is just the process for making them your own, making them conform to your feet. Pain is always found on the path to perfection.

Colin Hughes Taylor said...

This is really embarassing, but I have the exact same pair of shoes, in a size 12.
Make sure we coordinate who gets to wear them next time I see you guys, or it will be very awkward.