5.29.2007

Blogging CSA --- Week 1 Menu

Here is what we picked up from Farmer Henry tonight: garlic, beets, spinach, radishes, lettuce, bok choi, cilantro, and rhubarb. We also got a CSA cookbook with many ideas on how to eat all this bounty.

After pouring over cookbooks and online recipe sites, here is how I plan to use it all:

Wednesday: Linguini with arugula, pine nuts, and Parmesan (we didn't get arugula from our CSA, but I have some from the supermarket that I need to use up). Recipe from the CSA cookbook.

Thursday: Tofu and Bok Choi stir-fried in peanut oil, served with rice. From CSA cookbook.

Friday: Cilantro-Lime Soup served with tostadas. From CSA cookbook. Also, make Rhubarb Stir-Cake Friday night. From allrecipes.com

Saturday: We're going to Nate's folks' house for dinner. I'll take the Rhubarb cake to share.

Sunday: Leftovers. I rarely cook on Sundays.

Monday: Beet soup with Three Legumes. From Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison.

Tuesday: Grilling out. Marinated chicken breasts and sliced radishes, in a foil pack with garlic, salt, and pepper. Both from allrecipes.com. I'll need to be on the ball and have dinner ready early, so we can head over and pick up our next batch of veggies! Pick-up is 6:30 - 7:30 pm.


I hope to use the garlic and lettuce throughout the week, in salads and other dishes. I don't have specific plans for them, so hopefully they get used up and don't go to waste.

These are all new recipes. If any of them are winners, you'll probably see them in the next Christmas cookbook.

2 comments:

Colin said...

I intend to steal your recipes. My new roommate Ryan is a super-chef, and I shall make him cook this stuff.

Bonnie said...

Do you always plan out your dinners like that, or is this new with the veggies?
I am in awe of you. I know you're not living your life to impress me but you're doing a good job of it anyways.