6.04.2007

Another Reason to Ignore the Laundry

Here's the deal, readers. I am packing up and moving this operation to a new location. That's right, it's time for a new blog. Why, you ask? Why would I do such a thing? I'll tell you.

This weekend I accomplished the long-time goal of putting up a shop on Etsy.com. For those of you unfamiliar, it is a great site, a place where people sell their handmade goods. I'll be selling various things in my shop. So far I've got eight items for sale there. Lots of people have looked, no one has yet bought. It's okay, though. It's like Christmas every morning when I go down to the computer to see how many people have looked at my stuff, to see if anyone has called my shop a favorite. It is very fun. I am obsessed. Nate is none too pleased, as I'm always on the computer now. He did help me a lot, though, by making the banner and avatar for the shop and new blog. Thank you, babe. I love them.

Oh, yeah. New blog. Here it is: MaiasauraMade. Let me explain, though, that WuKids is not dead. I will still post here from time to time. MaiasauraMade is for all things crafty, creative, innocuous, safe. I'll use the Grandma test, even though my Grandma doesn't have a computer and will never see either of these blogs. If I want to post about something that I might share with my Grandma, it will go on MaiasauraMade. If I wouldn't want her to read it, it will be posted to WuKids.

The new blog is totally about publicity and marketing. If I can get noticed in the craft blog community, it will undoubtedly spell success for my etsy shop, assuming people don't hate my stuff (I don't think they will). I've been lurking around the craft blogs long enough to understand how it works. If you can get your little internet nose into the circle, people will buy your stuff. So that's why I'm starting the new blog.

Like I said, I want the content to be totally safe... nonthreatening for anyone who might stumble by. So you might notice me adopting a slightly different persona over there... hopefully I won't sound so flaky that you guys need to gag.

One more thing. I won't be linking to friends' blogs on the new blog..... I want to keep the personal separate from the crafting enterprise. Mostly to make it a little harder for my family to stumble across this blog. Most of them still don't know about WuKids, and I'd be happy to keep it that way. So please don't be hurt when I don't post a link to your blog. I still love ya.

Sorry for the super choppy post. This is the fastest post I've ever written. I've been working on etsy stuff all morning, and Simon is begging me to play a game. I am officially scatterbrained. I'll try to make posts on the new blog a little more coherent and thought out. Hop on over there, guys, and tell me what you think.

No comments: